Monday, December 30, 2013

I'll Be Home For Christmas

We had such a wonderful December.  We had friends visit and ate so much food all month long.  I don't know that my cup could hold any more love for my little family.  With Jeremy's absence last holiday season and Nora being so young this definitely felt like our first family Christmas.  Jeremy and I kept having little moments where we were caught in thought, almost amazed that this is our life, our family.  I am so thankful we got to share such a quiet and lovely day together this year.

Nora had a blast opening presents.  She kept sneaking food from the table and ate way too much candy.  She had some tasty hot cocoa (chocolate milk) and we discovered she shares my love of marshmallows.  I think she would have eaten the entire bag.  Also, she hated meeting Santa.  Poor baby.

Here are a few photos of our day mixed in with a few others from the season.

my new favorite cookie - vanilla bean shortbread
This cookie is so light and delicious.  I have made at least five batches in the past three weeks.  I did manage to give some away.  You can grab the recipe from the Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe here.
taste test





she was a rock star at opening presents. 
 Nora even gave a few 'ooohs' and 'ahhs' and we even got a few 'wows' as she opened presents.  I teared up with happiness every single time.

Mr. Claus brought a mini trampoline for Nora.  Best. Present. Ever.  

the aftermath.  // please note // Nora is playing with one of Sam's new dog toys in this picture.  That would have saved us a lot of money.....

Jeremy made Nora these extra special Rudolph pancakes.  Rock. Star. Dad.

Jeremy's custom shoes. 


Just so no one thinks it was all rainbows and unicorns over here on Christmas.  We dealt with this face quite a bit.  Of all of the things she received, she wanted my new necklace.  And this was her disappointed face.

And this is her five seconds later when I caved in and let her wear my new Kate Spade necklace.  I'm a sucker.  Now she thinks its hers.

// fun fact // Kate Spade is David Spade's (the David Spade's) sister in law.  What??  Mind blown.  

These are a few throwbacks to last year's Christmas in Oklahoma.  Look at my toothless, chunky monkey!



She was able to wear the same Christmas pjs from last year for this year.  I love seeing how much she has grown but I cling to the idea that she really isn't that  much bigger.


She LOVED Santa last year!


This year was another story...


It was a lovely Christmas.



I am off to address and mail out my Christmas  New Years cards.  Wishing you all a very blessed 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment